[mapguide-users] Maestro Layout Task frame menu search filter syntax?

Tori_M tmyers at jeffersoncountywv.org
Tue May 25 15:33:06 EDT 2010

Does anyone have any idea what the syntax is for the filter in the Search
function of the task Frame menu in the layout in Mapguide Maestro 2.1. I
have searched everywhere today and I can not find anything.

I am trying to get it to search in the layer (JC_PARC), in the Owner field,
for the value typed in by the user. All I can really get it to do is list
the contents of that table by the object ID which is the first field. I
tried every syntax I could think of but I can not figure out the syntax.

I have tried the dot syntax, the bracket syntax, the syntax listed in the
Mapguide web api reference for filters, etc.

I love the sample query but it is way too much for our users. I would be
spending all my time teaching people how to use it. So I am working on
simpler search functions.