[mapguide-users] Dynamic Features Map

octaviordz octavio.rdz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:32:28 EST 2010

Hi ppl, I have the need to do a map that has some features which color is
going to be updated every n seconds. (around 3)
That color changes does not depend on the map, the color depends on other
variable that is from other service.

Now I am using Fusion as a viewer cause it is build on OpenLayers, my idea
is use a Mapguide olayer[1] and a WFS olayer.
The WFS olayer has the the features that are going to be updated. The
problem is that I have not found a way to get the typename needed by WFS
from the mapguide api. does any one know if this can be done.
I know that WFS offers getcapabilities but there is no real relation
betteween the typename from getcapabilities and the name of the layer.

Other option would be call mapguide api and get the features, but I don't
know how to get/parse the geometries to make OpenLayers draw them over the
Mapguide olayer

[1] I call them olayer to make the distintion that is not the same as a
Mapguide Layer, the ones in map definition.