[mapguide-users] Postgres view on MGOS

ar_gaeta ar_gaeta at yahoo.it
Mon Aug 1 08:51:42 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I've some problem to let MGOS 2.2 recognize my geometric view on PostgreSQL
8.4, PostGis 1.5.
The other geometric tables are fully recognized and well working under MGOS.

I've followed the guide by Jackie, about edit the configuration document
using FDO Toolbox:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/08/using-fdo-schema-overrides.html
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2010/08/using-fdo-schema-overrides.html

Under FDO Toolbox, I set the primary key of the view, and I repeat the
procedure in MGOS, using Maestro 2.1.4 (the same procedure of copy/paste the
xml configuration document didn't work in Meastro v3).
Note: the geometric field "the_geom" of the view is recognized from MGOS as
a geometric field, even if I had to manage the xml configuration document to
specify that the geometry was only point.

Now, MGOS is NOT able to plot my points data, when I validate the
FeatureSource I don't get fatal error message, but when I preview the
connection, I'm not able to see both data and features of my view. I get
this error:

"An exception occurred in FDO component. Table does not exist for class
'public:my_view'"

What does it mean this error? How can I solve it?

Thanks for all your attention,
Riccardo