[mapguide-users] Re: Mapagent FCGI Not Found

John Grego johng at vtnnv.com
Wed Dec 7 19:18:52 EST 2011

James Card wrote

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:42:07 -0700, Andy Morsell <amorsell@>
> wrote:
>
>> Could this be the same issue?  You don't see if it is a Windows 2003
>> Server install, but it sounds like you are seeing similar errors.
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/Win2003-fcgi-Install-Issue-and-Solution-t1414988.html
>
> Yes, that is exactly what I experienced! Boy do I feel like a fool now,
> since I remember reading that earlier thread and seeing the head-banger
> image. Of course, I couldn't find the info again when I really needed it.
> :-(
>
> All better now, thanks!
>
> --
> James Card
> California CAD Solutions, Inc.
> 209 578-5580 Voice
> 209 521-6493 FAX

> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at .osgeo

Although this thread has been closed for some time now and the link to the
solution is dead, I would like to know if it would solve a similar issue I
am currently having with my newly installed Infrastructure Map Server (IMS)
2012.  I would start a new post on the Autodesk discussion groups, but my
online investigation seem to always return to the threads contained in this
forum, where I’ve found answers to other MapGuide issues in the past.

I successfully installed IMS on my Windows 2008 R2 server and configured the
web server extensions to run with IIS 7.5.  After migrating my MapGuide
Enterprise data and updating my custom PHP pages, I also started to develop
flexible layouts for the first time.  Everything was working well until I
started to get 404 errors.  I can log into the Site Administrator, but my
Web Tier (mapagent) site information will not enumerate, and I get a “Cannot
connect to the specified site URL” error when attempting an Infrastructure
Studio login to my site.

My Failed Request Tracking log reports:
SECURITY DENIED BY MIMEMAP –
FileName: ...\MAPAGENT\MAPAGENT.FCGI

MODULE SET RESPONSE ERROR STATUS -
ModuleName StaticFileModule
Notification 128
HttpStatus 404
HttpReason Not Found
HttpSubStatus 17
ErrorCode 2147942450
ConfigExceptionInfo
Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER
ErrorCode The request is not supported. (0x80070032)

I’ve done everything, from setting permissions; verifying the handler
mappings; and changing the application pool to “classic” mode, to a complete
uninstall/re-install after removing the web server extension directories
from the server.  My PHP and classic ASP pages all work well on the web
server.  I just can’t get the isapi_MapAgent.dll module to work.

Can someone update me on the solution to this original post, and more
importantly, can you help me solve my similar problem?

--
John Grego
GIS Manager