[mapguide-users] WMS-service - poor performance in MapGuide

johan.asplund at karlstad.se johan.asplund at karlstad.se
Fri Jul 29 04:56:35 EDT 2011

Hi!

Does anyone know how to improve the performance of WMS-services consumed
in MapGuide? Anyone else experiencing he same thing?

I use MapGuide Maestro v 3.5 with MapGuide version 2.2 to consume a
WMS-service produced from an ArcGIS Server 10. The WMS consists of 43(!)
layers, all together building our basemap. The waiting time for the map to
load when, for instance, the pan-command is used is about 30 seconds. The
same procedure takes about 1 second in Quantum GIS for the same service.
What to do?

In Maestro i have done the following:

1. Added the WMS-service.
2. Created a Raster Layer Definition for every single layer (there's 43 of
them)
3. Added the Raster Layer Definitions in a Map Definition.
4. Added the Map Definition in an Application Definition
5. Tested with an okay map but with poor performance.

Am I doing something wrong?

//Johan