[mapguide-users] how to implement street view functionality

Rodolfo Moreno rodolfoamoreno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:35:19 EDT 2011

Hi all, I would like to know how to implement street view functionality (like
google street view).
- do I need a special camera in order to take pictures about street scene? I
say it becuase I was reading a little about the google street view
technology and they say that are using special cameras, however I also have
seen the photo fly project of Autodesk that convert 2D photos in 3D photo
scene and in that case is not necessary the use of special cameras, but I am
not sure whether is photo scene can be used inside of a web application.

- how do I can embed the photos or scene photos inside of a web application?
all street view solutios that I have reviewed are using adobe flash in and
some cases are using an adobe plug-in, particulary I have seen the
http://krpano.com krpano plug-in

- How to get the photos for a determined location? I mean that when the user
do click on a determined street location shows the photo scene of that
place. for instances, lets suppose that we have a highway of 10km
represented as a single feature then  when the user do click on the km 2 the
aplication shows the photo scene of this kilometer whether the user do click
on the km 7 the application change the photo scene of this kilometer.

whether somebody has had experience with it I ask him/her please that
suggest me some documentation o samples in order to achieve this
functionality.

Best regards,
Rodolfo

-----