[mapguide-users] OnMapOverlayImageLoadedError and JS-error

David Das Neves neves at systemtechnik.net
Mon Apr 2 09:28:43 EDT 2012

Good day together,

I have a problem in the ajaxmappane.templ which I do not understand.

It has somehow to do something with the computer /settings on it because this is the first of 7 PCs where this error occurs on an absolutely equal data structure.

Sometimes the function "OnMapOverlayImageLoadedError(e)" is run and then an js error occurs because:

function OnMapOverlayImageLoadedError(e)
{
    var frmParent = parent.frames["tbFrame"];
    var objDivRefresh = frmParent.document.getElementById("divRefresh");
    if(objDivRefresh != null)
    {
        objDivRefresh.style.display='none';
    }
    mapLoading = false;

    var text = this.req.responseText;

    var message = text;

    var startPos = text.indexOf("<h2>");
    if(startPos != -1)
    {
        startPos = startPos + 4;
        var endPos = text.indexOf("</h2>", startPos);
        if(endPos != -1)
            message = text.substring(startPos, endPos);
    }

    alert(message);

    return false;
}

"req" is null.

So I have some questions -

-          When can the "OnMapOverlayImageLoadedError" be thrown?

-          How can it be that req is null?

-          Will there be any other possible issues if I just ignore the whole function?

Thanks for any help.

Greetings

David