[mapguide-users] I need advice on grid data gdal/vrt and mapguide

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Sun Dec 2 16:00:13 PST 2012

can anyone confirm the vrt driver and GridLayerDefinition actually work or am
i actually seeing a bug here?

As far as i can tell the whole GridLayerDefinition ColorRule Bands is not
working .... no mater what changes I put in I cannot get transparency to
work and I cannot get more than one band to display ...

Using gdal commandline utility I am able to produce a masked PNG file which
makes be believe the actually VRT side of the problem is fine?
gdal_translate -of PNG 15329003-Float.vrt test.png -ot Byte -b 1 -b 2 -b 3
-b mask -co worldfile=yes

The GridLayerDefinition seems to showcase usage of height mapping (perhaps I
can click a point and get real height value?) hillshading, and multiple
bands....

-----
MapGuide Maestro 5.0b
MapGuide Opensource 2.2.0.5703