[mapguide-users] Re: Any success stories compiling MG OS 2.2 with Oracle provider on 64-bit Linux?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:21:27 EST 2012

Sad to say, the user story on Linux is still woefully bad as evidenced by the
volumes of identical questions on this mailing list as you've already
mentioned and most of the build instructions out there are either seriously
out of date or are not applicable to the Linux distro you are using. Just to
share my own personal experience, my last successful MapGuide linux build
was way back with MapGuide Open Source 1.2. That's 4 years ago!

MapGuide was recently pulled from the latest/next OSGeo LiveDVD for this
same reason. Nobody (myself included) could get the thing to build and/or
invest the time/resources to get the thing to build successfully.

No point trying to sugar-coat what is clearly still a major pain point.

- Jackie