[mapguide-users] Error: w3wp.exe (MapGuideAppPool suffers a fatal error with the Windows Process Activation Service)

Johnnie GIS johnniegis at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:38:58 EDT 2012

Great list Martin!

I note there's not much in the way of code mentioned other than to make it clean.

What is the site using PHP/.Net?

Are you using AJAX or Fusion?

Are you making queries against the database in your code? If so, are you using native DB connections or FDO. This can be ms vs seconds and make a huge difference.

Do you use roles in your database. If not, you should to limit what mg has to query in the schema end.

How does your code call MG ie GetMapImage vs GetDynamicMapImage (think those are right) can make difference on load.

Is there messages in the server logs that might give you more detail? What about turning on Mg logs trace etc? Which logs are on now? In prod'n envir have as few on as possible.

Have you tried running MG from console to help debug. Check out Martins post re raster from last year to see how.

Good luck.

Regards,
Jonathon McIntyre
i-Open Technologies
Twitter: @JohnnieGIS
www.i-opentech.com
(C) 778-549-8382

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos.