[mapguide-users] 64-bit woes

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Thu Apr 11 09:35:30 PDT 2013

I know this is an old post but with the release of 2.5 I am upgrading and am
hoping to get a few ideas.  I need to develop for Windows Server 2008 R2.
My development machine is:

Windows 7 64 bit
Visual Studio 2010
IIS 7.5
MGOS 2.5 64 bit

I have installed the 64 bit version to my development machine.  All is
working except for the visual studio warning:	"C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\Cid_Map\AsBuilts.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error:
Could not load file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi' or one of its
dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect
format.  I can modify and compile the project and it runs fine on my
development machine.  Intellisense does not work, however.

I assume this is because visual studio is 32 bit.  Would I be better off
installing 32 bit Mapguide on the development machine?  If I do, what will I
need to do to move the app to the Windows Server 2008 R2 machine?  I assume
that at the very least I will need to replace the 32 bit dll's with the 64
bit versions on the server and the application path will be different:
c:\Program Files\Osgeo\ ... vs c:\Program Files (x86)\Osgeo\ ...  as stated
in previous posts.

Also, would I compile my app as Any CPU?

Should this work or is the a better way?

Greg