[mapguide-users] Tile cache with Mapguide

Reservoirdog c.schmidt at relis.ch
Thu Jun 6 08:52:41 PDT 2013

Hey steve!
I heard of mapproxy, and maybe will have a go in the future,
but at the moment, i don`t have any knowledge i could share.

Regarding your "saving map = deleting all tiles" - problem:
This doesn't happen for me since MG OS 2.4.
I can easily modify any NOT-baselayer without having to bother about
tile-deletion. The warning still shows, but i realized that nothing is
deleted,
as far as no baselayer(-group) is touched.

Also regarding tile-seeder performance:
My company is using a custom php-coded seeder which can distribute/start
several processes at the same time to fully load your servers cpu.
In this way i can render baselayer-groups about 10 times faster compared
to MGcooker (or Autodesk AIMS seeder) depending on Servers' Hardware.
Also "live-rendering" happens MUCH faster, so fast, that one has to think
about
prerendering tiles, because theres nearly no need to.
Sorry, but our solution is packaged with its web-frontend (also php)
which costs money ;)
here's a little demo-project for you to have a look at.
http://demo.tbview.de/ <http://demo.tbview.de/>

I am not the author of this SW, my company distributes
solutions based on this product.

I hope i could help you i some way,
regards, Chris.