[mapguide-users] IMPORTANT - MapGuide RFC 136 is ready for review

Andrew DeMerchant andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Mon Jun 17 07:12:45 PDT 2013

Good points, for sure. The MGOS 2.0 docs here
<http://www.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/2.0/d5/d10/class_mg_feature_service_6b09a6f5e5ae73065e3d6d24110f7d81.htm>
seem to say that it used to only handle SELECT queries, and that
anything else would return MgFdoException....either that got changed at
some point after v2.0 or that statement was wrong. If it got changed,
maybe it's just a matter of looking how it was handled in that older
version? You might be able to revert and take some ideas from
there....if that statement was just plain wrong though, you might be
right - getting rid of it might be easiest.

When I'd made my comments, I was thinking of a very basic sql grammer
parser, yes. Even just something as simple as making sure the statement
starts with "select" and doesn't have any commands that you'd like to
block.

Personally, I don't use ExecuteSqlQuery, so I'm not going to be
affected! And maybe no one's really using it...maybe it's no big deal to
get rid of it. My suggestion was just the first thing to come to mind
after reading that rfc.