[mapguide-users] Mapguide 2.5 problem connecting WFS 1.1.0

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:11:41 PST 2013

WFS 1.1.0 should be supported.  I believe the filters that you are using need
to be part of a GetFeature or DescribeFeatureType request, not a
GetCapabilities request.  I would get rid of the filter parameters and start
with the basics.

Using the OSGeo.WFS provider, under the connection parameters, enter the
Feature Server url.  The url  should be something like "http://<server
type>/WFSServer" or it might end with just "/wfs".  If you are unsure, you
should be able to get this URL by doing a GetCapabilities call on the WFS
server (look for online resources tag).

Add any other connection parameters (username/password) under the feature
server connection parameter.  Then click on "Test Connection".  If True, you
should be able to save the feature source and create a vector layer
definition from this feature source similar to any other feature source.  Be
aware as I previously posted, I was not able to properly preview the layer
until I added the layer to my map definition.

Steve G