[mapguide-users] Workaround: PostGIS view FDO schema override from feature source with foreign keys

scoobylx brandon.mason at maritimearchaeology.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 05:42:03 PDT 2013

Using postgresql 9.0, postgis 1.5.5, maestro 5.0.0 and mapguide 2.5.1. Schema
overrides from FDO Toolbox 1.2 fail due to errors when exporting XML
configuration document in the manner described in the following blog posts:

http://themapguyde.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/using-fdo-schema-overrides-redux.html
http://themapguyde.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/using-fdo-schema-overrides.html

Error:
Exception occurred: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The
given key was not present in the dictionary.
 at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
etc. (full error on request)

My tables have numerous foreign key constraints that are mostly lookup
tables which FDO Toolbox seems to not like. I deleted all other tables other
than the views that I want to show in mapguide. XML export then runs
successfully and I can load the schema override in Maestro and select the
layers. If you don't save the changes in FDO Toolbox, then the changes are
only made to the schema, not the actual datastore.

Question1: is there any other way besides FDO Toolbox to extract the full,
unmodified xml config document for the datastore so that I can stream in the
part that has changed for my offending view, and thus keep the other feature
source tables with foreign keys that are otherwise working in maestro.

Question2: is it possible to tell FDO Toolbox more about the foreign keys so
that it can export the XML config document successfully without having to
delete the other tables?