[mapguide-users] MapGuide WMS images scaled/blurry

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Fri Oct 11 04:53:30 PDT 2013

Hi all

I'm using MapGuide OpenSource 2.2.
I have a WMS layer put in a map in a base layer group. The tiles generated
in the tile cache seems to be blurry.
Look at this tile at ScaleIdex 4:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5083082/MapGuide_S4_R30_C30_0_1.png>
If I use another application to generate tiles from the same WMS I get this:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5083082/WMS_S4_R30_C30_0_1.png>
If I look at the tile generated by the other application, but at the scale
index above (5 instead of 4). I can see that the MapGuide generated tile
looks like a 150x150 tile from ScaleIndex 5 resized/interpolated to 300x300
pixels. This is the true tile from ScaleIndex 5:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5083082/WMS_S5_R0_C0_15_15.png>
In other words, using photoshop if I crop the top right of this third image
to 150x150 pixels and resize it to 300x300 pixels I get an image identical
to the first image,

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I suspect some DPI or other setting
insize MapGuide is causing the resize/scale of the tile images to be
performed.

Best regards
  Hans Milling...