[mapguide-users] RenderMap and selection color wish

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 19:24:03 PST 2014

The actual changes won't be hard (just a new overload of RenderMap that takes
a selection color).

The problem is getting such changes (especially API-related ones) into the
next release of MapGuide/AIMS.

As opaque as Autodesk are about their future plans, past history tells me
they release their new yearly version of their products (including AIMS)
around March/April and changes that go into the OS branch at this point in
time generally won't make it into the AIMS version.

We also want to maintain API parity between the OS version and AIMS version
and don't want a situation where an API change goes into the OS one, and not
the AIMS one, yet both versions report the same major.minor version number.

So my concern is simply the one of: If we fix it, would you get the fix in a
timely manner? Especially if you're on AIMS.

I guess you're using RenderMap because it also renders base layers?
Depending on your version of MapGuide/AIMS, you could workaround this by
using RenderDynamicOverlay and logically OR'ing the value 8 (8 =
RenderBaseLayers) into the things you want to render of the
MgRenderingOptions. The new mask value was introduced in MGOS 2.5 / AIMS
2014.

- Jackie