[mapguide-users] RenderMap and selection color wish

amorsell andy.morsell at autodesk.com
Wed Jan 29 11:36:59 PST 2014

Hi Jackie.  Thanks for the reply.  I'm not very concerned with the timing of
when it could be implemented, I was wondering more about the feasibility and
if I should propose it as an enhancement request.

The problem manifested itself with the QuickPlot widget.  The customer
wanted the selection to appear on the Quick Plot so I added
$selection->Open($resourceService, $mapName); after $selection = new
MgSelection($map); to GeneratePicture.php.  That works, but the selection is
the server default blue rather than the selection color that is assigned to
the layout.  We also have some .NET code that uses RenderMap to generate the
map image, save it to the server, and then include it in a report output and
we have the same problem there with the selection color.