[mapguide-users] What Java version is needed for Mapguide 3.0?

Riccardo Pucci riccardo.pucci at geowebitalia.it
Wed Oct 28 08:45:09 PDT 2015

Hi
1) Check if MapGuideJavaApi.dll is in java.library.path (on Windows the
easiest way is put MapGuideJavaApi.dll directory in system path).
2) Check if JVM and Mapguide are both 64 bit (or both 32bit)

Remember that if MgInitializeWebTier call fails the first time, any other
subsequent call do nothing, and the MapguideApi.jar is not loaded in
classpath, so any reference to a class inside the jar will throw a
ClassNotFoundException.

Riccardo

> I have an old coldfusion Mapguide app that I wanted to keep maintained.
> its coldfusion 11 64 bit on Java 1.8 JRE I can't even get past
> MgInitializeWebTier.
> Trying to run Lines 4-5 Seperately on any other version gets the Object and
> dumps its methods on 3.0 it can't even retrieve the Object.
>
> 1<cfset webconfigloc = "C:\Program
> Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\webconfig.ini">
> 2<cfset MapGuideJavaApi =
> createObject("java","org.osgeo.mapguide.MapGuideJavaApi")>
> 3<cfset x = MapGuideJavaApi.MgInitializeWebTier('C:\Program
> Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\webconfig.ini')>
> 4<cfset
>
> mgUserInformation=createObject("java","org.osgeo.mapguide.MgUserInformation")>
> 5<cfdump var="#mgUserInformation#">
>
> I've copied all the C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Tomcat\bin
> (except the MapGuideJavaApiEx.dll) into the cfusion/lib folder as well as
> the MapguideApi.jar, commons-codec-1.3.jar, and commons-fileupload-1.0.jar
> files.
>
> In the past this is all that was needed..I don't know if their are more
> dependancies or if Java 1.8 64 bit isn't compatible anymore

Riccardo Pucci
Geoweb Italia S.r.l.