[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source v3.1 - LDAP Fails to Load

Lisa Weber lisaw at precisionmanagementsolutions.com.au
Sun Feb 12 21:00:22 PST 2017

Hi all,

I've been working with MGOS v3.1 and am trying to enable LDAP.

I'm running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I have been unable to successfully load the LDAP module. I've tried a number
of options to get the module to enable/load.

1.      Uncomment line 638. extension=php_ldap.dll

2.      Restart services.

3.      Restart server.

I consistently get an error in PHP error log that LDAP cannot load. No
MapGuide or Apache errors. And it doesn't appear in my info.php file when I
run that.

So then I tried:

4.      Registering the .dll to ensure that it was not an issue. This is the
error:

5.      Place the php_ldap.dll in the C:\Windows\System32 directory and
register it there. Same error.

6.      Place the php_ldap.dll in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory and
register it there. Same error.

7.      Add libeay.dll and ssleay.dll to C:\Windows\System32 directory and
register it there. Same error.

At this point I thought that it could be the .dll so I downloaded v5.4.3
dated 5/12/2016 and tried it. When I tried to register it, I received the
following error.

Given that I'm guessing which version of the file to use, is there anyone
who confirm whether or not they can load this module through MGOS 3.1 and if
not, what steps I need to take to correct the issue.

Note: I've tried on another machine running MGOS v3.0 and can reproduce the
same error. I've also installed 3.1 on Windows 7 Professional with the same
error.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Weber