[mapguide-users] Cannot connect MapGuide 3.1.2 to OrcaleClient

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csoinfo.de
Thu Sep 29 07:13:17 PDT 2022

Hi,

I have to reinstall our WebMapping-Application on a Windows Server 2019 but have no luck in connecting MapGuide to an Oracle Database.

The error I get is:

ORA-12154 - TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I'va already installed Orcale client (v12) and confirmed that it connects correctly to he DB (v11) via tnsping and SQLPlus.

Additionally I also tested the connection with the newest version of FDO Toolbox which works just fine.

I'm also aware of newer dll's for client v12 that I found on osgeo.org and I replaced the old ones for oracle client v11.

And I also tried the dll from FDO Toolbox.

So I'm running out of ideas how I can resolve the connction problem.

Any help is highly appreciatedMapGuide.

Thanks, Gunter