[MapProxy] EPSG:4326 requests from a Tile Source

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 08:00:24 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to configure a Tile source in MapProxy. The source url points to
custom map tiles on my local server in a similar format to OpenStreetMap
tiles ("http://mytileserver/z/x/y.png"), the following is my mapproxy.yaml
setup :-

layers:
  my_tiles:
    title: My local stash of map tiles
    sources: [my_tile_cache]

caches:
  my_tile_cache:
    grids: [GLOBAL_MERCATOR, global_geodetic_sqrt2]
    sources: [my_tile_source]

sources:
  my_tile_source:
    type: tile
    url: http://localhost/mytiles/%(z)s/%(x)s/%(y)s.png
    origin: nw

After saving the changes and MapProxy restarting itself, I see the new
"my_tiles" source layer listed in "http://localhost:8080/demo/". However,
all but 1 of the services (TMS, EPSG:900913) return valid map tiles. I see
that the WMS demo is set to EPSG:4326 and changing to EPSG:900913
subsequently works fine.

Is there something I am missing for my Tiles source layer setup to be able
to return maps in EPSG:4326? (or any other SRS other than web mercator
900913)

Thanks,
Jason