[MapProxy] Is any raster image support planned in future?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Wed Sep 29 09:50:06 EDT 2010

On 29.09.2010, at 14:53, Andreas Trawoeger wrote:
>> With 0.9 the sources (WMS and tiles) are well abstracted, and it shouldn't be too difficult to add
>> a new one.
>
> If I understand the code correctly what's needed to add a new source is:
> 1. A source class in ./source that implements a get_map method.
> 2. A client class in ./client that does the actual data fetching
> 3. Updating ./config/loader.py and implement a Configuration class
> based on SourceConfiguration

Basically, yes. I would not create a 'client' for GDAL, but put everything into ./source, or somewhere else.

>> MapProxy only uses tiny fraction of OGR, just enough to read geometries from shapefiles. So, there
>> would still be work to do for the GDAL integration.
>
> I think what I will try is to glue MapProxy and Gdal2Tiles together as
> quickly as I can. Make it somehow work and then start cleaning up the
> code until I end up with a solution that isn't too embarrassing to
> show and doesn't include tons of redundant code.

Yeah, go ahead and let me know if you have some reusable stuff :)

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)