[MapProxy] Problem using MapProxy as a TMS client for a WMS server

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Sat Dec 17 07:33:17 EST 2011

On 16.12.2011, at 23:50, John Taranu wrote:
> Thanks Oliver!  Adding a cache made the WMS work.  However, it still embeds
> the error string right into the WMS image, e.g. "tile size of cache and tile
> source do not match: (256,256) != (1142,862)"

Do you still have the TMS source listed in your layer's sources?

> Also, the WMS returns an error for requests below the lowest cached level of
> the TMS.  Is it possible to force MapProxy to only request down to a certain
> TMS zoom level, like the "use_direct_from_level" parameter for caches?

What error, for which requests, with what configuration? I can only guess that the number of levels of your TMS and your MapProxy grid differ. You can limit the levels of your cache with num_levels.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn