[MapProxy] Caching a TMS server returning missing or empty tiles

Holger Schiebold hschiebold at codematix.de
Thu Feb 2 09:28:43 EST 2012

Hello Jean-Claude,

i had the same problem 2 weeks ago. I modified the wms.py in
mapproxy/service to not display these errors, but missing tiles will be
requested again next time.

def _render_capture_source_errors ......

        if render_layers and not rendered:
             errors = '\n'.join(errors)
             # raise RequestError('Could not get retrieve any
sources:\n'+errors, request=self.request)

         # if errors:
         #    layer_merger.add(message_image('\n'.join(errors),
self.query.size,
         #        image_opts=ImageOptions(transparent=True)))

Regards,

Holger