[MapProxy] kml not loading mosaic properly

Seth Ellingson seth.ellingson at blackbridge.com
Thu Jan 31 09:33:58 PST 2013

Hi all,
  I am now configuring the kml service so I can view my mosaics in Google
Earth.  My WMTS and TMS service is working properly on the server, so I
would assume that the KML would work fine as well.

Following the documentation, I download the initial KML file by accessing
the url http://localhost/mapproxy/kml/layer_EPSG3857/0/0/0.kml    Once I
have downloaded the file, I open it with Google Earth, but it does not
appear in the right spot.  For example, I load a mosaic from Canada, and it
is loaded in the Pacific Ocean, west of South America.  Another weird thing
is that the layer disappears after zooming past the first few levels.

Here is my mapproxy config for the server.  Like I said, the tile services
work fine.  I didn't see anything in the documentation that suggests that I
can configure kml somehow, so I'm not even sure how to start trouble
shooting this.

services:
  wmts:
      restful: true