[MapProxy] GetCapabilities-request very slow

Keith Moss Keith.Moss at landgate.wa.gov.au
Tue Mar 12 20:36:20 PDT 2013

We've noticed this issue too, albeit with slighty more layers - ~1,600!

Here are the timings:

25 Layers:   30s. Memory usage from 566MB - 566MB (seemingly no increase)
50 layers:     60s. 551MB - 564MB
100 Layers: 120s. 363MB - 395MB
200 Layers: 280s. 395MB - 548MB

I got tired of waiting at this point and gave up :)

I've attached the two configuration files for the 25 layers example.

The long wait only occurs the first time you load the capabilities, after that it returns in < 1s. So I'm guessing you've got some caching going on somewhere?

Cheers,

Keith

Keith Moss
Satellite Remote Sensing Services