[MapProxy] Presumed libproj problem with my simple sample

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Nov 18 08:49:30 PST 2013

Hi André,

On 16.11.2013, at 07:26, André Pirard wrote:
> This is somehow related to the previous Mila's message.
> I once sent to this list a documentation update that was never integrated.

Sorry, if you haven't got any feedback for your contributions. Must have slipped through my inbox.
In general any contribution is welcome, especially for the documentation. But all changes need to be supported and maintained. For new features to MapProxy it's easy: The unit and system tests of MapProxy allows us to be confident that features will work as intended in all next releases. Your update to the documentation listed DEB files that were created once for the OSGeo LiveDVD and these links are obsolete after the next release...

> The goal was to make Mapproxy simple for those who are not proficient with Python etc.
> The basic idea is that, for most Python applications, installing a system packet prevents forgetting a libproj0, by managing all the dependencies, by making unistallation a straightforward and complete process, by using the procedures that the user knows, etc...
> So, finally, to help my friends, I wrote this Web page for the DEB package .

This is cool. But note that there aren't any official DEB releases. You are linking users to the old 1.5.0 release – 1.6 is now out since September.

That said, I'd love to update the documentation with links to DEB and RPM sources, but someone from the community needs to volunteer first to provide these packages and to support them. And better not just for on-time, but reliable for the next releases as well.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.com
http://mapproxy.org | https://github.com/olt    | @oltonn