[MapProxy] Antw: Re: Need help for get runinng mapproxy on openSUSE

edv hotline edv.hotline at gruner.ch
Mon Nov 18 08:49:51 PST 2013

Hi,

>>It seems to me, Mila, that your openSUSE systems lacks the libproj0
package.
I think so:( here what I have installd
# rpm -qa | grep libproj0*
libproj-devel-4.8.0-22.2.i586
libproj0-4.8.0-3.1.4.i586

(on Ubuntu I have libproj0 version 4.7)

If I switch from EPSG:21781 LV03  to 900913,  I can start and access
maps in my mapproxy.yaml.

I install mapproxy on openSUSE 32 Bit, follow all steps in
www.mapproxy.de
after I spend 1 Week trying to runn MapProxy on 64 Bit system SLES or
openSUSE

Don't know if I'm on right way with what I did till now:(

Reason why we test mapproxy is that, here we have one departemant that
work with ArcGIS Software but they don't have Internet Access
So, my Ideea was to get maps offline with mapproxy and with "WMS
GetCapabilities" put to ArcGIS Katalog.
Switch mapproxy to run with Apache (this is a not Problem at all)
I say some Swiss maps because I don't know what they realy need.
Here some links that I have:

http://www.sogis1.so.ch/cgi-bin/sogis/sogis_uep.wms
http://wfs.geo.gl.ch/Public
http://maps.zh.ch/wfs/FnsNSWFS
http://wfs.geo.gr.ch/region

I'm very new with python and mapproxy, so I still have no Idee how to
make right settings in mapproxy.yaml to get this maps mentioned above to
run and cache.

Please can you gev me any advices, never mind if with Ubuntu or SUSE?

Thanks
Regards  (Grüsse)
Amila