[MapProxy] Google Static Maps API

Piero Campalani piero.campa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 09:48:36 PDT 2015

Dear Oliver,

I understand that there is no out-of-the-box support for proxying Google
Static Maps via MapProxy.

Is that correct or am I missing some wheels around?

As you suggested a couple of years ago (see below) I could extend a `tms'
source to understand and propagate the Google Static Maps API by adding
center_x and center_y params.

If that is the case I am glad to help and contribute somehow. May I have a
small overview on the things I should do to get this done?

Side question: what are the Google Maps compatible sources described in the
home page of MapProxy? Is there some alternative for same high-resolution
world-wide photographic imagery?
"MapProxy reads from [...] any TileCache, Google Maps or Bing
__compatible__ source"

Thanks for the support !
-Piero

Hi Milo,