[MapProxy] Getting different colors in WMS PNG layer from its Tile source

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 05:02:10 PDT 2018

Hi,
I have a ZXY map tile service (like OSM) which we use as the source of a
layer in Mapproxy. However, when I request a WMS image of this layer, I can
see that the colors are not exactly the same. I have read the docs
regarding color settings and here are my globals:

######################
globals:
    mode: RGB
    paletted: false
    colors: 0
    resampling_method: bicubic

The source tiles are 8bit RGB where the palette is different for each tile
call. And here is a screen grab with the WMS image on the left and the
original Tile on the right:
https://pasteboard.co/HymQZnBo.png

As can be seen, the road/path feature is white in the original tile BUT is
grey in the WMS image.

Any ideas?

Jason