[MapProxy] [discussion] PR #477: Fix demo "view as html" pages

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Fri Mar 5 23:05:51 PST 2021

Hi there,

was there any discussion on PR #477?

In my eyes it breaks the synchronicity between the XML and the HTML
views of the GetCapabilities. Now you get the internal address via the
HTML view and the external address via the XML.

It took me a while to realize that this was probably intentional. I
thought it was a misconfiguration in my system or even a bug.

Wouldn't it be better to have a different endpoint or a parameter where
you can choose to show the internal or external IP?

Best regards,
Tobias