[MapProxy] Reg: Suggestion to Seed single layer with multiple instances

Naresh N naresh919 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 05:45:43 PDT 2021

Dear kirstine,

Thanks for responding.

0. We are not using sqlite db for caching type

1. We are using* caching type as File*(default cache type *file* and it
uses a single file for each tile). Defaults to tc which uses a TileCache
compatible directory layout *(zz/xxx/xxx/xxx/yyy/yyy/yyy.format)*.

2. We have deployed MapProxy in *Multiple Servers/Instances and all the
servers have common storage* where the data/images are stored.

3. We have created layer definition and Caching details *same in all the
servers*

4. Now we want to cache the layer in all the servers (running multiple
instances in each server - number of instances varies based on server
configuration and storage type)by dividing the area by grid wise(*1deg
*1deg or 2 deg*2deg).*

We have used  MetaCarta Tilecache (http://tilecache.org/) and used the
above process and  executed caching multiple instances for the same zoom
level and same layer. This helped us realize the caching of the layer
quickly.

*Can we create the cache using MapProxy in multiple instances for the
same zoom level and same layer?*

*I have gone through the Manual, but not able to find the method. Please
kindly suggest.*

Please let me know any other information required further.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh.N