[mapserver-dev] OFFSITE

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 3 14:27:49 EDT 2002

Steve,

What is the format of the OFFSITE statement in CVS?  I gather OFFSITE now
always takes red, green and blue components, like:

OFFSITE 255 255 255

In 3.6 was OFFSITE always just given a color index (ie. "OFFSITE 1")?  In
3.6 the value was generally interpreted as being the color index of the
source raster before pumping it through the color table (or classification).
Is it now supposed to be interpreted after putting it through the color table?
For pseudocolored source rasters it seems preferable to me that the offsite value
continue to be interpreted as a "pre LUT" value.  In this case we would need a
syntax for giving just indexes.   I would suggest "OFFSITE 1", and having the
internal colorObj with the green and blue fields left at -1 so it can be
easily differentiated.