[Mapserver-dev] Force Freetype1 problem, suggested change

Jeremy Gwinnup jgwinnup at mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil
Wed Feb 5 09:23:12 EST 2003

One thing that you gain from the automake approach is automating/fixing
the install path bug - e.g. files want to be installed in /usr/local
instead of the directory specified in --prefix= .

Another way this may be useful - it allows us to easily build libmap as
a shared library (via automake's libtool support).

The file syntax is very easy. I'll email my working Makefile.am and
configure.in for your perusal. Anyone else interested, please email me
and I'll send them to you.

This isn't perfect (or done) but I think it addresses a couple issues
some people have building the software. The larger question is: Does it
make sense to totally disrupt the current Unix build process.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gwinnup <jgwinnup at mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil>
Veridian Engineering