[Mapserver-dev] Re: 3.7 and native image rendering support

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 11 11:15:22 EST 2003

John: What I'm proposing is not a modification of output formats, but in how raster input formats
are handled. At the moment there are several legacy raster drivers that, with the exception of one,
are handled by OGR. I propose retiring those drivers in favor of pure OGR raster support. The
exception would/could be GIF/PNG input, yup input, with world files via GD. The changes are
relatively minor- removing code rather then adding anything.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Administrator" <jnovak at novacell.com> 02/11/03 01:49AM >>>
This is a bit late, but...

I've been using nothing but PNG files as output, and I have local
changes that allow me to render layers with alpha blends.

What is the alternative to PNG output files if this support is
deprecated ?

IMHO, this seems like a rather large change to start at this late date
in the 3.7 development cycle, as it's core functionality.

John Novak