[Mapserver-dev] SWIG MapScript docs

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Feb 18 12:44:21 EST 2004

MySQL does not support triggers. However, bugzilla may support multple
component
owners. That way a MapScript bug or enhancement could notify all
relevant developers
and documentation folks. Probably more communication than necessary,
but certainly
more than there is now.

Steve

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> 2/18/2004 10:30:04 AM >>>
Sean here, I'm responding to just one particular point ...

On Feb 18, 2004, at 8:53 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Steve Lime wrote:
>> We're also spreading
>> ourselves thin by trying to maintain a full-blown version for every
>> language, including PHP. That's probably not necessary, at least for

>> SWIG. There are syntactical
>> differences to be sure and those could be addressed up front in the

>> documentation, but it's funny how
>> much perl and PHP code
>> look alike sometimes. My preference would be to:
>> 1) make every effort to keep versions in sync, that is, don't
improve
>> one without alerting the other camp
>
> Yup.  As discussed before, we need that independently of the
> documentation issue, and a possible way to handle this is through
> bugzilla.
>
> For those who were not part of that discussion, what I suggested was

> that when someone makes a change to a flavor of MapScript (SWIG or
> PHP) then he creates a bug to document his change, and also another
> bug for the other group to apply the same change (with a reference to

> the original bug).

Does Bugzilla support any sort of triggers that will free us from
double bug
entry?  The underlying database (MySQL?) would, yes?

Sean