[Mapserver-dev] Re: time support

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Jan 14 13:44:04 EST 2004

Steve,

  Here's an idea from left field.  The basic problem is we're on the road to
creating a layer-within-a-layer, adding new keywords and possibly changing
the syntax of existing keywords.

How about pointing to another layer (a tileindex layer) from the layer of
interest?

LAYER
  NAME 'landsat images'
  TYPE raster
  STATUS on
  TILEITEM "Location"
  TILELAYER "landsat_tiles"  # new keyword; points to tile layer
END

LAYER
  NAME 'landsat tile outlines'
  TYPE polygon                     # or have a new type of  "tile" ?
  STATUS off
  DATA "index/landsat.shp"
END

That way we could leverage existing filtering, connection, etc structure for
the tile layer.  Might be too weird though....

Brent