[Mapserver-dev] error in Mapserver compilation

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Fri May 14 10:23:50 EDT 2004

On May 14, 2004, at 8:03 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Vázquez Cascales, Sebastián wrote:
>> it's included as an entry in Makefile.vc. Can I remove it? The issue
>> is that I don't know if I need OGC web services.
>> Honestly, I'm not a programer!!
>
> Why try to build yourself? (especially if you're not experienced with
> C/C++ programming) I would recommend that you use the precompiled
> binaries available on the website.

Because he needs the mapscript module for Python, and probably needs to
build it using
the Python binary that is distributed with the Win32 Zope/Plone
software.
There's a Python mapscript module in OpenEV, but it is from the 4.3
branch and only for
Python 2.2.  The stable Zope is using Python 2.1.3.

Sean
--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com