SDE raster support

Simon Greener Simon.Greener at FORESTRYTAS.COM.AU
Wed Nov 17 01:20:22 EST 2004

Will all this development on ArcSDE - both vector and raster - end up in
OGR/GDAL?
S.

"There are only two forms of government the
monarchy or personal government, and the republic
or impersonal government."
GK Chesterton, "The Nameless Man", Ch V in "Miscellany of Men"
Simon Greener           email: simon.greener at forestrytas.com.au
GIS Manager                 Ph: +61 3 6233 8143
Forestry Tasmania        Fax: +61 3 6233 8252
79 Melville Street, Hobart, Tasmania,  7000,  Australia

>>> Steve Lime <steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US> Tuesday, 16 November, 2004
7:40:12 am >>>
Are there docs someplace on how to use it?

Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> It should be no problem. We could create a patch and test it, if the
mapserver
> people want to have it integrated it in the current CVS version.
There is only
> a absolutely minimal change in the non-raster SDE part, so I see no
risk in
> adding it now.

Pirmin,

OK, I believe Howard and I have committed the necessary pieces into
the
4.4
tree in time for beta3 without any active resistance from our esteemed
release manager.  Howard has agreed to be the official scape goat if
this
causes problems, but I would strongly encourage you to extract
MapServer from
CVS and do a bit of testing of the SDE raster support as commited to
ensure it
still works properly. I am no posisition to test it myself (or even
build it).

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent
This transmission is intended solely for the person
or organisation to whom it is addressed.
It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
If you have received this transmission in error,
you may not use, copy or distribute it.
Please advise us by return e-mail or by phoning 61 3 62338203
and immediately delete the transmission in its entirety.
We will meet your reasonable expenses of notifying us.
Despite our use of anti-virus software, Forestry Tasmania cannot guarantee
that this transmission is virus-free.