[Mapserver-dev] Re: [Mapserver-docs] 4.4 release plan

Kari Geurts kgeurts at gis.umn.edu
Thu Oct 7 17:34:28 EDT 2004

Hello MapServer Documentation Authors and Developers,

First, thank you Daniel for taking on the title and responsibility of
“Release Coordinator” and for including the documentation authors in the
process. I would like to follow the same process with the documentation
update as was done for the 4.2 code release.

Between now and the November 29^th final code testing I am hoping
documentation authors can take the time to review their document and
make the necessary changes so it is compatible with the version 4.4
code. In addition, please include version number 4.4 in the title of the
document and if you haven’t already add a history revision section to
your document.

The documentation CVS will be branched by October 18^th at which time
authors can commit their updated documents to the 4.4 branch. The MDP
website and automatic update script will then be changed to reflect the
4.4 stable version and the main CVS branch will continue to be the
development version.

Only documents that have been stated by the author to be compatible with version 4.4 will be put on the main MDP webpage. There will be a link to old
versions from the main page. If you make changes to your 4.2 or older documents you will need to contact me so I can update these manually.

Thank you for your contributions to the MapServer Documentation  Project,

 Kari

--
Kari A. Geurts

Department of Forest Resources