[Mapserver-dev] IMPORTANT - host site for mapserver-dev to change

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Wed Oct 20 12:05:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 11:53:34AM -0400, Ed McNierney wrote:
> We should keep in mind that these lists are being maintained and
> managed for us at no charge, without any help from us.  Since I am
> sometimes in that situation myself, I try to remember that a system
> that is convenient, familiar, and available to the maintainer is worth
> a LOT and I'm more than willing to give up a theoretically ideal
> solution for one that works <g>.  It's very easy to point out various
> software packages that offer the features we want, but we should
> realize that it takes time and effort to install, learn, manage, and
> maintain those systems.

A very valid point (I subscribe to this as the list maintainer of
freegis.org ;-).
However, I was not proposing to switch to MailMan, but to
encourage looking for a similar feature in the currently used
software since chances are not too bad it is supported.
Personally I have no problem with re-subscribing on my own,
I just thought it might help others.

Best

	Jan
--