[Mapserver-dev] OWS metadata and LegendURL clarification

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 29 10:33:32 EDT 2004

We could also decide that if the wms_style_* is not defined in the map
file, we could still generate a LegendURL (pointing to a
GetLegendgGraphic with defeault width and heigh taken from the legend
element if available ). This syle returned would be "default" as
suggested in bug 1001.
The only think that I do not like is that we are telling the user that a
style named default is available which is not really true. If we do that
we should also support request with STYLE=default to be compatible.

One last thing, I think we shoudl either continue this in bug 1001 or
open a new one.

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca