Build fails on CVS?

Bill Binko bill at BINKO.NET
Wed Apr 13 03:32:13 EDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I suspect this was an oversite on Assefa's part when doing the
> SVG stuff.  While the FastCGI stuff needs the stdargs.h, there
> is no reason it couldn't be included in mapsvg.c as well, if it
> is required.  If Assefa doesn't pick up on this pretty soon, I
> would suggest you submit a bug report, possibly including
> a patch for the change.

I have gotten cvs HEAD to build here.  Here are the issues I fixed:

1) the noted SVG problem - adding #include <stdarg.h> worked (I'm a dummy)

2) in maputil.c, there was a test for USE_GD_FT which essentially tests
whether libgd is > 2.0.12.  It then calls a funciton
(gdFontCacheSetup())that is not in my libgd2.0.15.  I changed the test to
look for gd_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS which tests for libgd2.0.22 or higher.
Perhaps Sean can take a look at what test makes sense there.

3) My gradient patch didn't apply (mainly due to the C/C++ comment fixes),
so I patched it by hand.

4) My multiple !BOX! substitution patch didn't apply because of pramsey's
work in allowing longer query strings.  I redid it to use his new method
and still allow multiple substitutions.

This basically gives me four patches: one each against:
mappostgis.c (for bug 1306)
mapsvg.c (for #1 above)
maputil.c (for #2 above)

and a larger patch for bug 1305 (the gradient stuff).
map.h
mapdraw.c
mapfile.c
mapfile.h
maplayer.c
maplexer.l

Frank (or anyone else): how should I get this in?  I guess I could create
bugs for #1 and #2 above and attach them?  Then attach patches to 1305 and
1306?  Is there an easier way?

Bill