fast-cgi

Huub hfl at HOME.NL
Fri Apr 29 07:42:57 EDT 2005

Hi Ed,

I can't say that i have a clear understanding of how this works or what
can be expected. I suppose i read in the manual a little more.
As i understand it, connections to the database are cached. Does that
mean that the data are cached? That is a different sentence to me.

And in the setting we ask for -idle-timeout 300-killInterval 500, i
assume that a fcgi process is released after 5 idle minutes. But that
didn't happen.
Also i saw three fcgi processes and i was the only user (or does every
browser refresh make a new 'session'-process).

And, memoryconsumption increases continuously; in my first message i
said that the meter said 2.5Gb. The server i'm talking about in not
heavily used.  I expect memory to be released once in a while.

So what would that bug be? I was inclined to formulate it like 'who
knows which bug to file and to whom'?
So thanks for your question.

Regards, Huub