mappostgis.c and PostGIS 1.0.0

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu Feb 3 12:44:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I've been trying for between mapserver-users and postgis-users to figure
this one out (I'm starting to feel like one of thoese guys).

Has anyone successfully tested MapServer CVS with PostGIS 1.0.0RC2?  I'm
trying to do this, and after much debugging and testing, it looks like
the MapServer code needs to be updated for the new PostGIS dist.

Test:

Here is what's been done successfully:

- configure PostGIS DB
- insert sample data
- fetch sample data via psql
- configure mapfile to connect with the following:

  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=devgeodb"
  DATA "the_geom from service_resources"

- Run OGC:WFS GetCapabilities
- Run OGC:WFS DescribeFeatureType
 - response as expected, I can see the table schema via XML output

...when I go to run GetFeature, no data comes back.  DescribeFeatureType
works, so I know the connection is ok.  I'm wondering if the data
fetching bindings in PostGIS 1.0.0RC2 have changed, and if MapServer
needs to update these.

I'm miffed.

..Tom