MapServer Development Process?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 27 17:22:19 EDT 2005

On 6/27/05, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> - About code traceability, I think filing bugs for *all* changes,
> including small fixes, and including refs to the bug number in the CVS
> change comment is a good step in that direction. Perhaps the next step
> would be to require anyone with CVS commit rights to sign some kind of
> contributor agreement similar to what Apache has (we'd have to see what
> they have).

Daniel,

Ak!  So today I applied two patches fixing memory leaks. Are
you suggesting even changes such as this would require a
bugzilla entry?   I am just concerned about the amount of extra
overhead this adds to a change that otherwise only takes a minute.
I, for one, am less likely to make such little fixes if I end up needed
a bug report for it.

I must confess that I didn't even put an entry in the HISTORY
file since it seems to minor.

As for the idea of signing a contributor agreement, I don't think
this would be unreasonable.  Dirk (and others) have stress to not
skimp on such issues though I have generally not been hung up on
them in the past.