MS RFC 7: MapServer CVS Commit Management

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Sep 28 11:42:56 EDT 2005

On 9/28/05, Yewondwossen Assefa <assefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Sorry to jump late but the last paragraphe (unix/dos format) made me
> realize that we did not adress the fact that new commits/commiters
> should ensure that at least linux and windows builds should still work.
> I think ensuring could be simple as raising the issue in the bug with
> some information like new files added, new libraries used. This will
> help keep both platformas evolve.
> I do not expect this to happen for every changes but I think for major
> changes (eg using RFC) It could be part of the bug tracking the changes.

Assefa,

In my opinion when folks add new source files they ought to be updating
the Makefile.in and the makefile.vc.  For cases with no new external
dependencies this should be sufficient to keep both builds building.

In the case of new dependencies you are suggesting these be noted
in the bug entry.  Is that to make the job of those getting the other
systems makefiles working again easier?  Should we be expecting folks
adding new dependencies to take care of both builds before committing?