Proposal to add Steve Woodbridge to the TSC

Tue Apr 18 11:10:16 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Steve Lime wrote:
>
>> How should we move forward with this? One idea might be to follow the
>> same
>> path as we did with OSGF membership. The TSC prepares a RFC to transition
>> the TSC to PSC with all the stuff about scope, new membership and so on
>> and we vote. But acceptance would be contingent on confirming vote from
>> the community at large. Just a thought.
>

> Steve,
>
> In my opinion I think it would be sufficient if the existing TSC voted,
> but I think we should have the discussion of the RFC on mapserver-users
> so we can get broader community input.

Either way works for me, but I think I have a preference for Steve's
suggestion of getting a confirming vote from the community (just to play
safe)... that should be the last time that we need that kind of vote
since after that the PSC should have full authority on all aspects of
the project.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/