addition of language metadata

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu Nov 2 14:38:13 EST 2006

Correct.

> Actually, since error messages in MapServer are currently
> hardcoded in English, does it really make sense to specify
> any value other than English for exceptions?

For exceptions, yes.  This would cover more than exceptions.
ows_language could apply to more metadata (such as  DataIdentification
within OWS Common 1.0.0).

> Um... I'm starting to realize that this is useless until we
> have the ability to translate error messages in MapServer...
> and at that point what we'll need is a LANGUAGE mapfile
> parameter to control the feature for all of MapServer and not
> just OGC services.

In the context of Exceptions, maybe we can (at this point) set to
English?  But which one?  en-US?  en-CA?  en-GB?

In terms of content, I think this would be valuable in preparation for
OWS Common support.